Grilled Chicken with Pesto Pasta
Chef George Bustamante of One World Deli
Here’s something to add to your roster of quick fix meals,or even something to throw together forbaon purposes. This grilled chicken with pesto pasta gives you a gourmet meal sans the long prep time, and the long list of ingredients. Choose your favorite pasta, grill up some chicken, eat, then call it a day!
- For the sauce, add all ingredients into a food processor, and pulse until well-incorporated. Place in an air tight container.
- Rub salt and pepper with oil on the chicken breast. Heat a grill pan on high then grill chicken breast for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
- Boil 6 cups of water and season with a big pinch of salt. Add pasta and cook following the instruction on the package.
- Strain pasta and place in a big bowl. Add 1-2 tablespoons of pesto sauce and mix while the pasta is hot. Transfer to your desired plate.
- Slice chicken in strips and put it on top of the pasta. Grate a liberal amount of Parmesan cheese on top. Great eaten from a bowl while catching up on your tv show of the moment.