Chef Miguel Gianan of One World Butchers
Putting together a hearty meal doesn’t have to be difficult. Using adlai as you would some steamy white rice can render a meal fit for anyone. Whip this up in an instant whether it’s for an early Sunday morning breakfast with the family, or a hearty meal to cure that pounding hangover.
Wash adlai twice before steaming until fluffy.
Divide the pack of bacon into two, cutting one half into strips.
Set one chorizo aside, and cut the rest into half-inch coins.
Defrost and peel the edamame, and set aside.
- In a cast iron pan over medium heat, cook up all the prepared meats.
- Once fat has been rendered and meat has been cooked, add in the onions, garlic, and bell peppers until blistered.
- Add the adlai and mix until everything has been well-incorporated.
- Add chicken stock, and stir until it has been absorbed by the adlai, then mix in the butter.
- Top with a generous sprinkling of edamame, and serve with eggs your way.
Change it up a bit by adding your favorite toppings